Rosogulla A Bengali Sweet
Rosogulla – a Bengali Sweet
Rich in Calcium, protein and carbohydrate, and easy to digest. Great taste too.
Skimmed milk 500 ml, artificial sweetener 10 tablets, water 500 ml, citric acid / calcium lactate 2 crystals
- Heat the milk and add citric acid.
- Separate the paneer and hang in a piece of muslin or any other soft cloth.
- Knead the paneer into a soft dough or grind it in a mixer till soft and smooth in texture.
- Make six balls out of the dough.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat the water.
- When the water begins to boil, add the sweetener and paneer balls and cover with a lid. Simmer for ten minutes till the paneer balls swell.
- After ten minutes, uncover and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Serve when cool.
Note : The softness of the paneer decides the taste and look of the rosogulla. If the rosogulla become rubbery, drop them into cardamom flavoured skim milk and serve them as Rasmalai.