Rubber Ducky Punch Recipe - Perfect for a Baby Shower
Rubber Ducky Punch Rating
Not only is Rubber Ducky Punch colorful and fun, but is a perfect baby shower idea for a rubber ducky themed baby shower!
This punch recipe is quick and simple, with few ingredients and steps. Make it just moments prior to guests arriving to ensure the freshest taste and look!
*The recipe calls for blue colored kool aid. It can certainly be made with pink colored kool aid, or any other color!*
- 2 liter Ginger Ale
- 64 oz. (1 bottle) White Grape Juice
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar (White)
- 1/3 gallon (7-8 scoops) Pineapple Sherbet, Other flavors will work
- 1 packet Blue Koolaid
- Maraschino Cherries, Optional - for garnish
- Oranges, Pineapple, Apples, Optional - for garnish
- Rubber Duckies, Must be floatable/suitable for a bath
- Chill white grape juice and ginger ale overnight.
- Remove the sherbet (from the freezer) approximately one half-hour prior to making the punch.
- Combine sugar, kool-aid, and chilled white grape juice in a large punch bowl. Stir.
- Slowly add in chilled ginger ale.
- Float 7-8 scoops (more/less depending on the size of the bowl) of sherbet on top.
- Strategically place the rubber duckies (big or small) in the punch. It seems to be easier to do so in between the scoops of sherbet.
- Make the garnish (see below).
Wash all fruit being used for the garnish. Cut oranges (and pineapples or apples, or any other fruit desired) into wheels or wedges. Remove stems from the cherries. Place on a plate or in a cup, with some sort of utensil to easily pick it up (like a toothpick).
Or, instead of allowing guests to pick and choose what to garnish with, make garnish skewers. Using toothpicks (colored, decorated, or plain), pierce the fruit, and lay on a plate for easy access.
Add cups, a serving utensil (ladle), and napkins, and serve!