- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
SPICY YOGHURT LAMB CURRY RECIPE
SPICY YOGHURT LAMB CURRY
Lamb curry cooked in yoghurt.
- 1 kg Lamb
- 2 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Green chilli, chopped
- 1 cup Thick yoghurt
- ½ tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt
- 6-7 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Chopped coriander, for garnishing
- 1½ cup Water
- First in a large bowl, mix the beaten yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder.
- Now add the lamb pieces in yogurt and spice mixture. Make sure the lamb is completely coated with the yogurt. Keep aside for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add the finely chopped onion and stir fry till light brown. Now add finely chopped tomatoes and green chillies.
- Keep stirring until the water dries up.
- Add the lamb and yoghurt mixture in pressure cooker. Keep stirring until the water dries up completely and oil separates.
- Now add 1½ cup of water and pressure cook to give 3 whistles on medium heat.
- After three whistle take it off the gas and check if the meat is tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and enjoy it with naan, chappatis or rice.