SPINACH AND FENUGREEK LEAVES CHICKEN CURRRY RECIPE
Spinach and fenugreek leaves chicken curry
This dish combines chicken with spinach and fenugreek leaves and the end result is irresistibly tasty.
- 500 gm Chicken, thighs and drumsticks
- 150 gm Fenugreek leaves, choped
- 200 gm Spinach, chopped
- 2 Medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, paste
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- to taste Salt
- 4-5 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot. Add chopped onions. Cook till light brown. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and cook for 1 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped spinach, chopped fenugreek leaves, chopped green chilli, garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook on high flame till the oil separates.
- Now add chicken pieces and fry on medium heat. Keep stirring until the water dries up.
- Add half a cup of water and cover till the chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice over the chicken and serve with naan or chappatis.