- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
SPINACH AND FENUGREEK LEAVES CHICKEN CURRRY RECIPE
Spinach and fenugreek leaves chicken curry
This dish combines chicken with spinach and fenugreek leaves and the end result is irresistibly tasty.
- 500 gm Chicken, thighs and drumsticks
- 150 gm Fenugreek leaves, choped
- 200 gm Spinach, chopped
- 2 Medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger, paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, paste
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- to taste Salt
- 4-5 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot. Add chopped onions. Cook till light brown. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and cook for 1 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped spinach, chopped fenugreek leaves, chopped green chilli, garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook on high flame till the oil separates.
- Now add chicken pieces and fry on medium heat. Keep stirring until the water dries up.
- Add half a cup of water and cover till the chicken is tender.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice over the chicken and serve with naan or chappatis.