Sage & Cranberry Bread - Bread Machine Recipe
Sage & Cranberry Bread - Recipe
This bread was adapted from another recipe that called to add orange zest to it. It is a hearty bread that goes great with soup, or makes a fantastic Day After Thanksgiving Sandwich with leftover turkey.Pictured here is Fleishmann's yeast, but I much prefer Red Star for performance.
- 1 Cup + 2 TBS Water @ 89 degrees F, *You can run your wrist under the faucet until it feels not cold or warm.
- 2 TBS Melted butter, Let cool to room temperature
- 3 Cups Bread Flour
- 2 TBS Sugar
- 1 Envelope (2 1/4 tsp.) Active Dry Yeast
- 3/4 Cup Dried Cranberries, Chopped
- 1 tsp. Dry Rubbed Sage
- Add all ingredients except sage and cranberries to bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Set machine to "Basic" program and start.
- After 5 minutes, scrape sides of bread insert to make sure all ingredients are mixed well.
- At beep that indicates the additives time frame, add the cranberries and sage.