Try this Salad in a Baked Tortilla Shell
This salad will make your kids want to eat it since they can hold it in their hands. I like to make a variety of toppings available so the family can fill them with whatever they want.
- 6 flour or corn tortillas, (use corn for gluten-free option)
- 1 cup spinach or lettuce of your choice, (fresh)
- 1/2 cup carrots, (chopped)
- 1/2 cup radish, (chopped)
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, (fresh or canned)
- spray oil, (to grease muffin pan)
- Parmesan cheese or basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan cups with oil. Steam tortillas to make them soft enough to bend. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut tortillas to 4-1/2 diameter circle (diameter = widest part of circle). Place each tortilla in a muffin cup, leaving a wide opening to fill. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the inside of each shell (or basil pesto).
- Bake shells for about 15 minutes or until shells are light brown. Remove from oven. Allow to cool (about 15 minutes). Fill shells with spinach, tomatoes, carrots and radish. Top with more cheese or your favorite salad dressing (optional).