- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Sanitize Your Fruits and Vegetables
Rinsing isn't Enough
I always heard, wash your produce before you eat them, because of pesticides and things, but I didn't realize that simply running water over them wouldn't do very much to get them clean. I discovered this method of washing fruits and vegetables, and decided to try it out. The results were incredible. As if the yucky water left in the sink wasn't enough to convince me, my produce actually lasted much longer. So here is how to REALLY clean your fruits and veggies:
- Fill clean kitchen sink about halfway with warm water.
- Add 1 cup of vinegar and mix in the produce.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse.
- Enjoy wax free, pesticide free, fresh fruit!