- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Dessert Cakes
Sarah Lee's Cheesecake
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hour 20 min
Ready in: 1 hour 40 min
Yields: 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 2 packages (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. For crust: stir together Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs, 1/4 cup Butter, and 2 tbsp Sugar. Press mixture on the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes and cool.
- For Filling: In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. (1-2 minutes) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Butter, Cream Cheese, and Egg Yolks until creamy. (2-3 minutes) Add Sugar, Baking Powder and Cornstarch. Mix until well blended. (1-2 minutes)
- By hand, fold Egg Whites into Cheese Mixture.
- Spoon Cheese Mixture over Graham Cracker Crust in springform pan.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. To prevent cracking, place a 9/13 inch pan with a half inch of water in it on the shelf below the cheesecake while baking.
- Cool 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the cheesecake from pan by running knife around the inside of the pan. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.