- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Sausage & Sauerkraut Ruben Balls
Sausage & Sauerkraut Balls
Bite Size Ruben Sandwich
If you love a great tasting Reuben sandwich then your going to love this sausage & sauerkraut balls, it has all the flavors of a Reuben sandwich but its packed in to a bite size style meatball.
What makes this treat taste so good is the seasonings and the spices all blended together with the sausage and the sauerkraut along with some Swiss cheese and spicy mustard to make a whole lot of goodness in your mouth that you and your family will love.
So come on and try this recipe and let me know what you think about it.
Sausage & Sauerkraut Meatballs
- 1 pound of fresh ground sausage
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry (snipped fine )
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 11/4 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons of country crock margarine, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine sausage and sauerkraut in large bowl; Make sure you squeeze all the liquid from the sauerkraut then form mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes then remove from baking pan and cool on a parer towel.
- Increase oven to 400 degrees
- To make the dough
- combine all of the rest of the ingredients mix well. Press 2 teaspoons of dough firmly around each sausage ball, dough handles easiest when warm. Bake on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes or until light golden. Then serve with that spicy brown mustard and you can also make these great tasting meatballs in advance and place hem in the freezer for at least 1 month......Happy Eating.