Savory Beef Stroganoff
This recipe I have made in the past a few time and it is by far the best recipe I have come across. I have served it with noodles every time but I have heard people serving it over rice. I might try that next time because it does sound very scrumptious.
- 2 Pounds Beef chunk roast
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 Ounces Butter
- 4 Green Onion, Sliced
- 4 Tablespoons All purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup White wine
- 1/3 Cup Sour cream, Optional
- 10 Fresh mushrooms, Optional
- Parmesan, Optional to taste
- 1/2 Cup Beef broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 16OZ box Egg noodles
- Cut beef roast into cubes or strips. (Strips will take less time to cook.) Season with 1/2 TSP salt and 1/2 TSP pepper.
- In a large skillet on medium high, melt butter. When butter is melted place beef cubes or strips in to brown. Once brown push the beef off to one side.
- On empty side of the skillet add 3/4 green onion (save 1/4 for garnish) and mushrooms. Saute for just a few of minutes. Then slide them over to the side with the beef
- Stir flour and half the beef broth into the juices on the empty side of the skillet. Pour the other half of beef broth, mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil; stirring constantly
- Once boiling bring to a lower heat and add 1 teaspoon of mustard if desire. Cover and simmer for an hour or until meat is nice and tender.
- Around 30 minutes before the stroganoff is ready start to cook your noodles. Cook noodles until soft, drain and set aside.
- Around 10 minutes before serving add white wine and sour cream (sour cream is optional). Heat briefly while stirring.
- Dish out noodles, cover with the beef and sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and the rest of the green onions.
|Serving size: 1 Cup|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|