Savory Sausage Stuffed Baby Portabello Mushrooms
Did you like these Savory Sausage Stuffed Baby Portabella Mushrooms?
Delicious Appetizer, Snack or Main Dish
These delicious little bite sized (or 2 bites) stuffed mushrooms are an easy recipe to wow your friends or just keep for you and your sweetie. They take less than an hour from start to finish can be used as an appetizer, a snack or even as a main course instead of a tradition piece of chicken or beef. This recipe will make up to 36 stuffed baby portabella mushroom, but can be easily scaled up or down for a smaller or larger batch. Enjoy.
Ready to Eat
Prep and Cooking Times
Ingredients : Simple and Easy
- 36 Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- 12 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3 Serrano Peppers
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 lb. Bulk Ground Sausage
- to taste Salt and Pepper
Preparation and Cooking
- Remove stems from baby Portabella mushrooms; chop finely and set aside.
- Brown sausage in a pan.
- Remove seeds from peppers (most) and chop finely; add peppers, stems, garlic, salt and pepper to sausage; cook until garlic is browned.
- Add mushroom caps to boiling water; boil 2 minutes; strain mushrooms.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- In a bowl mix cream cheese and sausage mixture; mix well and scoop into mushroom caps.
- Place mushrooms on a 13"x9"x2" baking dish; bake 20 minutes.
- Add Romano cheese to top of sausage mixture with 5 minutes left on bake time.