Savory Scallops with Parmesan Sauce
Here are some suggested side dishes to go with your scallop and parmesan sauce meal.
Linguine or your favorite pasta: If you are making pasta, you will want to make sure that you have enough sauce to coat the pasta as well.
I could see these scallops being served on the tops of a Caesar salad or served with a tossed salad. Also, a favorite of mine are garlic mashed potatoes. They are easy to make and taste great. If you know any of my other recipe hubs, you will know that I am a huge bread lover.
With this particular meal I would have some buttered French bread with sprinkled with garlic powder.
You certainly want flavorful food but, you also will want to be careful not to combine too many flavors all at one time. It is good to have food with great taste but, you don't want to have too many flavors to where your mouth has too much going on at the same time.
Scallop Parmesan Truffle
Scallops with ?
The title on the capsule says Scallops with ? This leaves an empty slate for a lot of different food possibilities that could be tried and prepared with the scallops.
Although this hub talks about seared scallops with parmesan sauce you can also substitute the parmesan for other sauces such as, marinara sauce (if they like it), butter sauce, or even hot sauce.
These are great served alone or on a bed of fresh greens, rice, pasta. Myself I prefer the pasta with my scallops especially with butter flavor. No matter what you choose to do, butter flavored scallops are still the way to go.
If you decide to do greens, I would either think of green beans or steamed asparagus.
Setting an enjoyable dinner table with your nice dishes makes whoever you are cooking this meal for it lets, them know that you love them and wanted to do something nice for them. You never know what an impact something just as simple as: making this meal or another person such as, a boyfriend or girlfriend at work or fix for your spouse for Valentine's Day or for their birthday. It's not rocket science, it's just doing something kind for someone else instead of me, me, me all the time. Why not try it, your might discover a new relationship between the two of you.
The Power of Parmesan
Obviously, parmesan will go great with scallops but, parmesan can be used to make dishes more flavorful. Italian food or cooking is where the parmesan is most used.
In several of the Italian restaurants they will grate fresh parmesan cheese at your table side. This can be served on top of your salad, or they may even ask if you would like parmesan cheese on your main course.
How To Cook Scallops
What you will need...
- 1 lb. sea scallops, fresh or frozen
- 6 cups Italian blend mixed greens, or prewashed baby spinach
- 4 small, red and/or yellow tomatoes, cut into chunks or wedges
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon (2 cloves) bottled garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half and half or light cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Have You Tried It?
Have you ever had scallops with parmesan sauce before?
Kitchen Cookware on Amazon
- You will need to thaw the scallops, if they are frozen. Rinse the scallops and then pat them dry with a paper towel
- Preheat the broiler. Divide the greens among four dinner plates. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the greens and set aside.
- Place scallops on the unheated rack of the broiler pan and set aside. Be sure to spray your pan if needed.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, stir in garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Remove from the heat and brush 1/2 of the butter mixture on the scallops.
- Broil scallops 4 inches from the heat about 8 minutes or until they reach an opaque color. Turning only once.
- For the sauce, return the sauce to the saucepan to heat and stir in the flour into the remaining butter mixture.
- Add the half and half, parmesan cheese and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for one minute more.
- Arrange broiled scallops on top of the greens and tomatoes on your dinner plate and drizzle with the sauce.
An idea that I had for this recipe too was to use these as skewers. When you reach the
stage of actually broiling the scallops, to make it easier to turn them, you can place the scallops
on a skewer. Then, you would only have to turn the skewers each time not each individual
Cooking & Prep Time
|Serving size: 1 tablespoon|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 76 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Easy To Make
This recipe sounds really fancy from the name but, it's easiness to make will keep you reaching for it time after time.
I hope that you will try this recipe if you like scallops. It is one of my top recipes and I do fix it quite regularly.
One of my favorite things to do is to get some fresh scallops while at the beach. You can take them back to your room (if your room has a kitchen and a way to cook them), to be cooked and served. You can eat in and spend a wonderful time at the beach with your loved ones. The only thing that I think could make this better, would be to get fresh scallops while at the beach and take them home to cook in the comfort of your own home.
Different Types of Seafood
Lemon Pepper Shrimp
Fried Sea Bass
Using Fresh Ingredients
Always use fresh ingredients when you can. The fresher the scallops, the better they will taste. Also, with the parmesan cheese fresh parmesan is always best in my opinion.
Garlic Parsley Scallops
Recipes and Just Great Food
- Pork Chops and Hash Brown Bake
This recipe is a personal favorite. It is super easy to make and great to serve if you have company coming over. Pictures, video, a poll, a quiz and commentary are found in this hub.
- Chicken Florentine with Lemon Mustard Sauce
This flavorful recipe with it's unique lemon mustard sauce, is one of those must try recipes. It is easy to prepare and it tastes like something from an Italian restaurant .
- Easy Classic Beef Stroganoff
This is a perfect cold or rainy day recipe. Beef Stroganoff would be considered a great comfort food. On this hub you will find instructions,
- Taffy Apple Pizza Recipe
This is a very cute recipe that can be fixed in just a few minutes. You will see that pictures, instructions, ingredients and are found in this recipe hub. I hope you enjoy this recipe hub!!
- Biscuit and Chocolate Gravy Recipe
This is truly a "southern dish" and all I can think about when I hear the word chocolate gravy is yummy!! Pictures, commentary and videos are featured in this hub.
- Five Fruits For Healthier Living
This article focuses on several fruits including bananas and apples and their nutritional value. Pictures, videos and commentary are listed in this hub along with other facts and information.
Parmesan Crusted Seared Scallops
© 2014 Buster Johnson