Savory Starter Chicken Bites Appetizers
How Many Stars for Savory Chicken Bites?
A great appetizer/starter.
With a bit variation this recipe is running in my family for years.My toddler absolutely loves these bites and prefers them over nuggets as these are easier to chew on and much more healthier as every other home made food is. I think everything that is made from scratch at home has its own flavor and cannot be compared with restaurant food in terms of hygiene. I serve savory chicken bites mostly as a starter or appetizer before the meals.The fact that these bites are light and bite-sized and so tempting to resist makes them a perfect appetizer.Give this snack a try as starter and it becomes popular and everybody's favorite in your circle.
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken, May or may not be breast pieces. If with bones use about 2 lbs and remove bones after boiling.
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- A pinch Black Pepper, crushed
- A pinch Onion Powder, Optional
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder, Or less according to taste
- 1 cup cooking oil, Canola or olive oil.
- 1 Potato, Russet or any other medium size
- 2-3 slices Bread, White
- 1tsp All spice powder, optional
- 1tsp Garlic paste, or Garlic powder(Use half in case of powder).
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste, or Ginger powder(Use half in case of powder).
- Place pieces of chicken in a medium size skillet or to and add about 2 cups of water or enough to cover the chicken. Add ginger, garlic paste and whole spices.
- Let it boil on medium heat and let the water dry. When a little water is left just let it simmer away.
- Turn off the stove and let the chicken cool down. Boil potato separately in a small pot for few minutes. Peel it when cools down.
- Discard whole spices and put the chicken in a food processor to make a mixture. Before turning on the processor, add a boiled potato peeled,slices of bread, egg with shells removed , all spice powder,salt,and other powdered ingredients.
- Turn the food processor on and make a smooth mixture.
- Take the mixture out in a mixing bowl and add parsley or cilantro flakes(optional).
- Make tiny balls and let them set in the fridge for few minutes or place them in a big cookie sheet to quickly freeze in the freezer for few minutes and then fry.chicken bites can also be saved in a zip lock bag or a plastic container after letting them set in freezer for few minutes and fry later whenever desired.
- Heat oil in a pan.Take caution when using olive oil as it is a fast heating oil and will reach boiling point fast.Use low heat when using olive oil.Fry the balls on medium to low heat for a couple of minutes flipping them once or twice. Fry until chicken bites are crispy and golden brown.
- Delicious chicken bites are ready to be served. Enjoy alone or with the dip of your choice.
- Serve with french fries or roasted potato wedges.
- Serve with hot sauce,ketchup and salad.
© 2015 Ash