- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
- 1 cup Light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal (or other puffed rice cereal)
- 1 6oz package (~1 cup) butterscotch morsels
- 1 6oz package (~1 cup) chocolate morsels
- Butter (for greasing pan)
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium sauce pan. Heat on medium-high heat until boiling, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Measure Rice Krispies into the large mixing bowl. Pour the sugar-peanut butter mixture on top and mix well.
- Spread mixture into the greased 9x11 or 9x13 pan, using buttered fingers to help spread out the mixture evenly.
- Meanwhile, heat the butterscotch and chocolate morsels over low heat until melted. Spread evenly over the Rice Krispies mixture in pan.
- Let cool until chocolate topping is hard. Cut into bars and enjoy!
|Serving size: 1/24 of recipe (one bar)|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Carbohydrates 41 g||14%|
|Sugar 27 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Sodium 107 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|