Scottie Dog Cookies
Items you'll need to bake Scottie Dog Cookies:
- Sugar cookie mix to bake 1/2 dozen or one dozen cookies
- Baking Flour
- Rolling Pin
- Black Cake Gel
- Mini chocolate chips (small bag)
- Two or three 8-1/2 by 11 inch red/black or green/black plaid wafer paper
- Non-stick cookie baking sheet
- Scottie Dog Cookie Cutter (3inches) (Can be purchase on many various baking websites)
- One small bottle of clear corn syrup
- Small baker's brush
Prepare cookie batter according to instructions on package. Prepare the edible wafer paper by cutting out 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" squares for the dog's sweaters. Set aside. Flour a flat working surface. Place dough on surface. Flour your rolling pin. Roll out dough. Using the Scottie Dog cookie cutter, cut out as many as cookies as you can with the dough. The dough should be rolled fairly thin, as the cookies expand while baking in the oven. Place cookies two inches apart on non-stick baking pan. Place one mini chocolate chip on the cookie for the dog's eye.
Place pan in preheated oven. Remove from oven when baking time is finished. Let cool. Remove cookies from pan. Brush center (stomach area of dog) of cookie with clear corn syrup. Place one plaid wafer paper square on this area. With a rubber spatula, press down gently on edges of sweater to be sure it is flat against cookie. Use black cake gel to draw collar on dog's neck of the cookie. Set aside to let set.
These cookies are adorable! One cookie is large enough to place in decorate cellophane baggie to give out as favors at a holiday dinner.