Sea buckthorn recipe for immunity boosting
Sea Buckthorn: an immunity boosting berry
Sea Buckthorn berries are one of nature's gift to us for when we aren't in such good health or when we need an immunity boosting food.
The small and orange-golden berries have the highest amount of vitamin C among all known fruits, ten times more than citrus fruits. Besides the vitamin C that makes these berries a great antioxidant, they contain high proportions of vitamin A and B, E, P, K, F complex and minerals like Phosphorus, Magnesium, Calcium, iron, essential amino acids and Beta Carotene.
It's not only the juice inside or the oil that can be extracted thanks to the amount of essential fatty acids contained that make it a immunity boosting food but the peel and tiny seeds as well.
You can eat it as it is fresh and natural to get all the benefits, IF YOU CAN.
The Sea Buckthorn berries are extremely sour, the lemon is just a sweet candy compared to them.
So, here is an old recipe for conserving sea buckthorns and making it eatable as well: Sea Buckthorn and Honey.
- 4 oz sea buckthorn berries
- 8 oz honey
How to prepare the sea buckthorn recipe with honey
- Wash the sea buckthorn berries and clear the small leaves and stems.
- Leave the sea buckthorn berries to dry out from the previous step, an hour or so on a flat surface.
- Take a medium size jar, clean and dry, add the sea buckthorn berries, pour over the honey and close the lid.
- Place the jar in the fridge for 10 days.
- You can then open the jar and take a teaspoon of this wonder every morning to help boosting your immune system.