- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Seafood pumpkin chinese soup recipe
Seafood pumpkin chinese soup recipe -
Dried Oysters, dried scallops, and pumpkin soup
5 Dried Oysters
5 Dried Scallops
1/2 Pumpkin (approx 1 kg)
1 can Chicken broth
6 bowls water
Salt to taste
To skin pumpkin and cut into small chunks. Wash ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 hours. Season with salt.
Health benefits of oysters, scallops, and pumpkin
Oysters, a very nutritious food, are packed with essential vitamins and minerals like zinc, iron, calcium, Vitamins A, B, C and D.
Seafood is one of the few natural dietary sources of Vitamin D, a vitamin that is showing new promise for disease prevention. A rich natural source of zinc, oysters play an important role in maintaining a strong immune system and healing of wounds. The high levels of calcium, iron, and Vitamin A in oysters assist in healthy being of the bones, blood and eyesight, respectively.
Oysters also help in maintaining skin condition at optimum standards. Collagen levels and elasticity are improved and wrinkles and general age signs may be diminished.
High quality low fat protein can be found in oysters and is usually easier for the digestive system to process than those found in meats.
Oysters are also low in fat and calories.
Caution: When eaten raw, oysters can cause illness as oysters may contain harmful bacteria. Also, people who have heart disease or hypertension should avoid this seafood as oysters are high in sodium.
Scallops are an excellent source of Vitamin B12, which is well known to be beneficial for cardiovascular health. Also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium and potassium, they help to prevent blood from clotting and help to maintain blood pressure at healthy levels.
Caution: As scallops contain Purines that could give rise to an increase in uric acid level, those with gout or kidney-related problems should consume scallops in moderation.
Pumpkin is one of the most nutrient-rich foods and the following are some of its health benefits:-
• Rich in carotenoids such as beta-carotene and alpha-carotene. Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps to prevent build-up of cholesterol and thus reduces chances of strokes. Alpha-carotene is believed to slow the aging process and also reduce the risk of cataract formation.
• Carotenoids also boost immunity and help to neutralize free radicals and thereby reduce the risk of cancer.
• Potassium in pumpkin makes it a good dietary choice for those with hypertension.
• Vitamins A and C, as well as zinc and alpha-hydroxy-acids, helps to reduce the signs of aging.
• An excellent source of fiber which is good for bowel health.
• In recent animal studies, pumpkin promoted the regeneration of damaged insulin-producing beta cells. As such, it holds promise for diabetics.
• Pumpkin seeds are believed to be good for the overall prostrate health.
• Pumpkin may be full of nutrition but it is remarkably low in calories.
Other pumpkin soup recipes
© 2011 pinkytoky