Seared Shrimp in Garlic Butter
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp in shells
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- If frozen, thaw the shrimp.
- Leaving tails intact, peel and devein the shrimp.
- Rinse the shrimp under cool running water; pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a 12" skillet heat 1 Tbs of the butter over medium high heat until melted. Add the garlic to the skillet, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet, and cook while stirring for 1-3 minutes or until the shrimp become opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet, and arrange them on a serving platter.
- Add the white wine and remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Cook while stirring to loosen any browned bits from the skillet.
- Pour the contents of the skillet over your shrimp. Sprinkle the shrimp platter with parsley and salt.
- Serve and Enjoy!
|Serving size: 4 oz |
|Calories ||244 |
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 4 g||20%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 31 g||62%|
|Cholesterol 247 mg||82%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|