- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Semisweet Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies. I guess we all have these childhood memories of walking home from school and smelling the chocolate chip cookies our mom was baking. Maybe that’s one of the reasons it's an all-time favorite besides its delicious taste.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add butter, both sugars, vanilla and eggs to a medium size bowl. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until creamy. If you don’t have a mixer, just whisk it by hand.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; add to the mixture. Beat or whisk until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Drop by tablespoonful’s onto the cookie sheets. Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Half way through cooking, rotate the cookies sheets around and change their positions, moving the one on the bottom to top rack so they cook evenly.
- Let the cookies cool slightly; transfer to wire racks.