- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Sensational Banana Pecan Cream Cheese Pie
Popular banana cream cheese pie
What to serve for Potluck events...
Popular Banana Cream Cheese Pie with Pecan Crust!
This pie is a real winner for a dessert at a pot luck event. It is easy to make ahead of time, easy to store and easy to carry using an aluminum pan.
There is very little cooking involved and the crust can be baked while the cream cheese is warming to room temperature. Then it's off to rest while the pecan crust cools completely. Finish the layers before you go to bed, then stick the whole thing in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
Is this the best banana cream pie ever?
Ingredients for Banana Cream Pie
- 1 cup white or wheat or pecan flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 large tub Cool Whip, or real whipped cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup powdered or granulated sugar, powdered sugar is best
- 1 large or 2 small pkgs instand vanilla or banana pudding, regular or sugar free
- 1/2 large tub Cool Whip for frosting, or real whipped cream
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, for garnish on top
- 3 cups cold milk, skim, 2% or whole
How to make the popular Banana Pecan Cream Cheese PieClick thumbnail to view full-size
- In a large bowl, add the butter and then microwave it for 45 seconds until melted. Add the flour (of your choice) and the one cup of pecan pieces. Mix until a uniform soft dough forms. Spread the dough into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch oven safe pan. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Using the same bowl you made the dough in, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and half tub of cool whip. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and spreadable. Spoon this mixture onto the cooled crust into a line as shown in the photo. Spread the mixture evenly over the crust.
- Peel and slice two large bananas spreading the slices over the cream cheese layer. Bananas should be slightly firm, not mushy.
- Using the same bowl once again, add the pudding mix and gradually stir in the three cups of cold milk. Beat with an electric mixer (the same one you used for the cream cheese mix can be used again) for two minutes until pudding is soft set. Pour the pudding mix over the bananas.
- Add two sliced bananas as in step three over the pudding layer.
- Top off the banana layer with the rest of the half tub of cool whip. Spread evenly, then use the back of the spoon to make peaks in the whip.
- Add a topping of pecan pieces to garnish. Chill for an hour or overnight before serving.
Variation Instructions for Coconut Cream Pie:
- Replace the bananas with one cup of flaked coconut
- Fold the coconut into the mixed pudding and spread over the cream cheese layer
Variation Instructions for Chocolate Cream Pie:
- Omit the bananas
- Use one large or 2 small packages of chocolate instant pudding and spread over the cream cheese layer
Variation instructions for crust:
- Use one package of Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls instead of the butter, pecan and flour crust.
- Unroll and spread the crescent roll dough over the 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of this crust
Variation on pudding use:
- Just use whatever pudding flavor is in your pantry!
- Add layers of nuts or fruits as desired.
Approximate nutrition value for Banana Pecan Cream Cheese Pie (no substitutions used)
|Serving size: 1/12 of pie|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 18 g||6%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 20 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2012 Austinstar