What Do You Think?
The Serenity Cocktail was created at the beginning of the West Coast's health and new age movement back in the early 1970s.By the 1980s the recipe had been perfected. Gladys Lindberg was well known throughout health food circles in the Los Angeles area and promoted the cocktail heavily. She swore by its healthful properties and advised any person choosing extreme diets to partake of the beverage.
- 1 tablespoon brewer's yeast
- 2 tablespoons powdered raw liver
- 2 teaspoons bone powder
- 2 teaspoons calcium gluconate
- 1/4 teaspoon magnesium oxide powder
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil
- 1/4 cup soy lecithin
- 12 (250-500 mg) tablets vitamin C
- 2 tablespoons black strap molasses
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice
- raw milk
All of these ingredients can be found in most health food stores.
- Combine yeast, liver, bone powder, calcium, magnesium, kelp, wheat germ oil, lecithin, vitamin C, and molasses in a blender container.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Add apple, banana, and orange juice; blend until smooth.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- When ready; to make 1 drink, pour 1/6 of the fruit mixture into a blender container.
- With the blender running, add enough raw milk to reach desired consistency. Serve when ready.
Store fruit mixture and raw milk in separate containers; each tightly covered.
Discard unused fruit mixture after 7 days.
More from Annie
- Old Fashioned Protein Bread
This is a recipe for a simple batter bread that is so foolproof that a beginner cook can make it without fail. Yes, I know there are exception to the rule so I should probably clarify my former statement. This recipe is simple and easy; anyone who ca
- Skinny Italian Coffee Ice
This is a simple, way to create a flavorful Italian ice. Usually, ices of this type are served with mounds of whipped cream. This recipe does not require the addition of a dessert topping, but if you feel the need try using a low calorie Faux Whipped