Shepherd Pie Made Easy And Quick
Easy As Pie!
On those cold winter days, are you looking for a dish that will stick to your ribs and warm up your insides? Look no more and discover an easy way to put together this shepherd pie. Traditionally, the shepherd pie was made with mutton and other left over meat, combined with veggies and stock and topped with whipped potatoes. In this recipe, there are variations and short cuts that make executing this dish a snap and fitting to your personal taste buds!
- One Pound any meat to your liking, ground, shredded or pulled
- Two cups favorite veggie mix
- One can favorite cream soup or condensed, do not add water
- Serving for four of instant mashed potatoes
- To taste Salt and pepper or any seasoning of your choice
- Six pats of butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If meat is raw, such as ground beef, brown meat in a skillet, otherwise use any left over meat that will serve four people. This is a great dish to combined meats as well. Place the meat into a small baking dish along with the veggies of your choice and can of creamed soup to your taste. Mix well. If you want to salt and pepper or use other seasonings, add to the mix at this point. Remember the Creamed soup will already be loaded with sodium, so go easy on any additional salt.
- Prepare the instant potatoes for a serving of four. Once potatoes are ready, smooth out onto the top of the meat dish. Dab about 6 pats of butter on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Slip into preheated oven and cook for 30 to 45 minutes or until the potatoes are brown. If you use condensed soup instead of creamed soup, note that the sauce may bleed out on top of mashed potatoes, but still cooks well and adds beautiful flavor and color to the dish.
- Serve with your favorite bread and enjoy!
Pictured is ground beef with a mex-tex mix of veggies (corn, tomatoes, red beans with green peppers) Added additional garlic and used condensed tomato soup. There are so many combination that can be utilized, such as shredded pork with broccoli and cauliflower and creamed of celery soup, or chicken with any veggies mix and use cream of mushroom soup. My next shepherd pie adventure is going to be tuna with cream of broccoli soup! Explore your taste buds and soon this will be your family's favorite dish for winter!
- Homemade Banana Pudding With A Twist.
What a great treat to remember the good old days, homemade banana pudding. This old fashioned banana pudding has a twist that makes it delicious!
- Chipotle Lime Mustard Baked Chicken
Tired of the same old fried or bar-b-que chicken. Try this twist on a Mexican flavor, easy to assemble dish. The lime and mustard marry up nicely!
- Quick And Easy Fry Bread
Who wants an easy frybread recipe? Here is one that is simple and easy to fix!