Short cut Chili chicken
This recipe is not like the traditional chili chicken but inspired by it... and so I call it "Short cut Chili Chicken". Short cut, because it minuses out the deep frying and is so quick!
Perfect for family evening time or when friends come over at a short notice!
Try it and enjoy!
500 gms chicken (diced 1-inch)
3 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste/ crushed garlic
1 tbsp sherry/ red wine
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-3 tbsp oil for cooking
slit green chillies (optional)
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients (listed under marinade). Refrigerate for one and a half hour.
- Put a wok or fry pan on the stove. Heat oil, slide in the marinated chicken. (I use all the marinade while cooking)
- Keep cooking till the chicken is tender and the gravy is thick. You can either choose to keep the thick gravy or make it absolutely dry. Once done, turn off the gas and keep the cooked chicken aside.
- In a separate fry pan heat 1 tbsp oil. fry diced onions and capsicum (you can also fry slit green chillies if you wish).
- Serve the chili chicken on a platter and garnish with fried onion and capsicum. Serve hot!