- Food and Cooking
Shrimp Bruschetta Recipe
Everyone likes Bruschetta, and who doesn't like shrimp? Why not combine the two, and serve this spectacular appetizer at your next gathering. For the land-lovers who can't appreciate the fruit of the sea, serve this Traditional Bruschetta Recipe.
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp; peeled, deveined, and chopped coarsely
- 3 Roma tomatoes with seeds removed and chopped
- 2 green onions; chopped
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- French or Italian style bread; cut into 1/2 inch slices
- In a large bowl combine the garlic, basil, olive oil, chives and lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, green onions, and dill to the mixture, and toss.
- Season with Old Bay seasoning if desired.
- Spoon the mixture onto the toast slices, and if desired garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve and Enjoy.
|Serving size: 1 slice with Tbsp mixture|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 4 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|