- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Shrimp Pasta with Sauteed Spinach Recipe
Shrimp Pasta with Sauteed Spinach
Easy to Make Shrimp Pasta Recipe
While working at a family owned Italian restaurant all four years during my college days, I had plenty of time to try every item on the menu. One of my favorites was a tasty dish they simply called shrimp pasta. To make this dish even better, they had an upgrade where you could add sauteed spinach in with the pasta. Not ever being a fan of spinach, it took the cooks several times to talk me into trying this dish. But after eating it one time, I was hooked and have been making my own version of this recipe for my family ever since.
Being a mom on the go, this pasta dish is also one of my favorites because it is so quick and easy to make. From start to finish, this recipe takes less than 30 minutes to complete. So you can bet money that when the bags of frozen shrimp go on sale at the store, I am there with bells on to stock up my freezer. If you are interested in making this shrimp pasta with sauteed spinach, read further for a complete list of ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
Rate this Pasta Dish
Shrimp Pasta Nutritional Data
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Unsaturated fat 8 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 19 g||38%|
|Cholesterol 131 mg||44%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 1 pound frozen bag of shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups spinach
- 10 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 3/4 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
How to Make Shrimp Pasta with Sauteed SpinachClick thumbnail to view full-size
You don't have to stop at the sauteed spinach. Add a few more vegetables in while you are cooking the shrimp mixture. Here are a few delicious options to add to this pasta recipe:
- Green peppers
- Open the 1 pound bag of frozen shrimp and place contents in a strainer. Fill sink with cold water and soak shrimp for 5-7 minutes or until completely thawed.
- While the shrimp is thawing, detach the stems of the spinach leaves. You will need 2 cups full of spinach leaves for this recipe.
- Fill a large pot of water and a dash of salt to start boiling the water for the spaghetti noodles.
- By this time, your shrimp should be completely thawed. Drain the water from the sink and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the tails from the shrimp.
- Once your water is boiling, add 10 oz of spaghetti noodles and boil for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- After the spaghetti noodles have been boiling for 5 minutes, add the vegetable oil, butter, and lemon juice to a frying pan or wok. Warm these ingredients on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Once the butter is almost melted, quickly add the shrimp, spinach, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, parsley, and salt. Stir these ingredients and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp is firm and pink.
- Drain water from spaghetti noodles through a strainer. Place noodles in a serving dish and pour shrimp mixture over pasta. Lightly sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Are you a fan of spinach in your recipes?
Quick and Easy Family Recipe
With today's hectic lifestyle, this shrimp pasta dish is a great homemade recipe that you can pull straight from the freezer and have ready in less than half an hour. I usually serve this dish with a simple salad and cheese toast that bakes in the oven for 7 minutes. Whatever kind of bread you wish to serve, be sure to preheat the oven before you start this dish so your bread will be ready as soon as your pasta is done cooking.
I hope you get the chance to make this delicious and easy to make shrimp pasta with sauteed spinach recipe. If you have any questions or comments about this dish, feel free to leave these in the comment section below.