- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
From Grandma's Recipe Box
This particular shrimp salad recipe is unique from others that I have seen, in the fact that it uses a sour cream dressing and includes green olives. It is also special to me and my family, because it comes out my mother-in-law's old recipe box. The box itself shows wear, and the recipes are faded and stained, yet this box is a special family heirloom, as it holds her best loved recipes. Grandma Mary has been gone from us five years today. Yet we always feel close to her when we make something special from "Grandma's recipe box".
- 1 - 16 ounce package small shell macaroni, cooked, drained and cooled
- 2 - 3 ounce cans small peas, drained
- 1- 8 ounce jar stuffed green olives, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 small cans cocktail shrimp, drained
Mix macaroni and all other ingredients together in a large bowl and then pour dressing over top and mix well. Regriferate for several hours before serving.
For dressing mix 12 Ounces sour cream, 1/3 cup milk, 2 teaspoons garlic salt, 1 teaspoon onion salt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Memories That Came Pouring From Mama's Tattered And ...
I was priviledged to grow up in the country in a period of time when life was more meaningful and simple. It is also a tribute to my Mother inspired by her old tattered cookbook.