Bengali Recipe | Shrimp With Bottle Gourd (Lau Chingri)
Bengali Name: Lau Chingri
I am a food lover. Although I like all the testy dishes my all-time favorite is Bengali cuisine especially Fish Dish. Since long I was thinking of writing several hubs on recipe, but somehow I could not do it! This would be my first hub in this series.
Bengali cuisine is simple to try, less spicy and all ingredients are natural and healthy. I would request you to try it at least once in your lifetime! I swear you will certainly be fond of it.
INGREDIENTS ( Serves for 2-3)
- Bottle gourd 250 gm
- Shrimps 75 gm
- Mustard oil 4 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 gm
- Fenugreek seeds 1 gm
- Cumin seeds 1 gm
- Fennel seeds 1 gm
- Onion seeds 1 gm
- Bay leaf 1 no
- Ginger pest 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp
- Salt to test
- Peel and discard the seeds of bottle gourd and then grate it.
- Head the oil in a pan till it smokes
- Put mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and bay leaf into the oil
- Reduce the flame and add ginger paste
- Cook till it browns a little
- Add cleaned shrimps and sauté till the color of shrimps turns reddish
- Add bottle gourd put a lead on the pan
- Cook till the bottle gourd become tender
- Mix red chilli powder and cook over a high flame till the liquid gets absorbed.
Serve with fine rice