- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Sichuan Dry-Fried Green Beans Recipe (Gan Bian Si Ji Dou)
Dry-fried green beans topped with ground pork and spiced with Sichuan red hot chili. Serve this hearty dish with warm rice or noodles. This is a meal with simple ingredients but delicious, tasty, spicy and exotic. It can be a great side dish too.
To prepare this Sichuan dry-fried beans, there are two steps cooking process. First, we need to stir-fry the beans and then, to stir-fry the pork with aromatics, chili and seasoning.
This is a low-fat green beans dish. I use very little oil to stir-fry the green beans. It will take little bit longer than usual stir-fry. Slow stir-fry will intensify the flavor and the result is wonderfully dried and blistered green beans, not mushy one. Some people love to stir-fry the beans in large quantity of oil or almost like deep-fry. Do not forget to dry the beans well before stir-frying. If you prefer, you can cut the green beans into 2-inch pieces.
What You Need
Serves 2 - 4
12 oz green beans, trimmed
4 oz ground pork
1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tps salt
3/4 tbsp minced ginger
1/2 tbsp garlic
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
4-5 dried chili
How to Fix
- Heat a wok over a high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and the beans in. Lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for 1 minute then sprinkle on salt. stir-fry for few second. Cook the green beans for about 5 minutes or until browned and little bit dried. Transfer the beans to a platter.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of oil and add in garlic, dried chili and ginger. Stir-fry until the aromatics are fragrant. Thrown the pork in. Cook and stir for 1 minutes until the pork is cooked.
- Return the green beans to the wok. Add sugar and soy sauce in. Stir-fry for 3 seconds to combine. Transfer to a serving dish.
Quick and Easy Chinese Recipes
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
How to stir-fry ong choy or water spinach.
- Chicken With Black Bean Sauce Stir-Fried Recipe
How to use fermented black bean sauce as seasoning and how to stir-fry chicken with black bean sauce.
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
How to prepare baby bok choy (Shanghai bok choy) with garlic. Extremely tasty and easy.
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
How to stir-fry tomatoes. Easy and healthy dish.
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
How to stir-fry lamb. A Mongolian inspired dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
How to stir-fry lettuce. A vegetarian dish.
- Easy Chinese Stir-Fried Cabbage With Bacon