Simple Carrot Cake
Carrots are rich in antioxidants like Beta Carotene, Alpha-carotene and lutein. Plenty of Carotenoids is present in carrots which increase body Immunity. Carrot are abundant in Iron and Vitamin-E which helps in Making blood.
There are lot of benefits of eating Carrot, then why not make a cake which everyone in your home will love to eat. :)
Let's Get Started !!
- 1 cup - Carrot, grated
- 2 cups - Wheat or All purpose Flour
- 1 tin or 300 gms - Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup - Clarified Butter or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup - Butter Milk
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp - Vinegar
- 1 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp - Cinnamon Powder
- pinch - Salt
- 1/2 cup - Dry Fruits, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 Cake Mold, greased with butter/oil
- 1 Butter paper, optional
- Wet Ingredients: In a bowl add Condensed Milk, Buttermilk, Olive Oil, or melted Clarified Butter, Vanilla Extract, Vinegar in mentioned quantities.
- Mix the wet ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
- Dry Ingredients: In Another bowl sieve flour of your choice( I have taken Wheat Flour), Baking powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon Powder & pinch of salt. Let all ingredients mix really well.
- Now Mix Wet Ingredients mixture to Dry Ingredient with Cut & Fold method.
- Add 1/2 cup water or milk if the paste is too thick. Don't over mix the Batter. Add the dry fruits at this time and keep some aside to sprinkle over the batter.
- Meanwhile Preheat the Microwave oven at 180 degrees.
- Now transfer the cake batter into the cake mold which we have greased with butter or oil.
- In Preheated oven put the cake for 30-40 mins at 180 degrees Celcius. Check the cake once in between to see if temperature needs to be adjusted as per your Microwave.
- Serve the Yummy carrot cake with some condensed milk spread over it.