Simple Chocolate Pudding
This is a delicious and simple desert to make. It has only a few ingredients and can be made and placed into the oven to cook while you're eating your main meal. Underneath that chocolate top is a river of gooey chocolate syrup, so eat it while it's hot with some good cream poured over it or vanilla ice cream on the side.
Ingredients - Pudding
- 85 grams Butter
- 250 ml of Milk
- 120 grams of Caster Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 125 grams of Plain Flour
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
- A pinch of Salt
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
Method - Pudding
- Pre heat the oven to 180c and grease a 1 and a 1/2 litre ovenproof dish.
- Sift together the flour, caster sugar, baking powder and the pinch of salt into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, butter, milk and vanilla and mix together until smooth. Pour into the prepared bowl.
Ingredients - Chocolate Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 185 grams of Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of Boiling Water
Method - Chocolate Sauce
- Place the cocoa powder and brown sugar in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar/cocoa mix evenly over the top of the pudding.
- Carefully pour the boiling water over the pudding and place into the pre heated oven and cook for 30 - 35 minutes, or until set in the middle.