- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Simple Crêpes Recipe
This recipe was passed down from my great grandmother, who called the crêpes "Swedish Pancakes". They are a favorite pastime of mine and I hope they can become a love of yours, too.
These crêpes are sweet without being overly sweetened, thin, and fun. Get creative when eating them! Fold them up and slice them, roll them for finger food, or take your time while having it laid down flat on your plate.
Pairs well with maple syrup, fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.), jams, fruit sauces, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, spices, and powdered sugar. They are also great all on their own.
Ingredients & Tools
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- toppings (optional)
- oil or cooking spray
- round frying pan
- bowl and spoon for mixing, or a blender
- Mix by hand or just pour everything into your blender! Be sure to mix well. You may mix the dry ingredients/wet ingredients separately, then blend, but it's not necessary.
- Turn your burner to medium heat; add a small amount of oil/cooking spray onto the pan. If needed, shift the pan by its handle to spread it around.
- Pour the batter onto the pan. Shift the pan to spread it evenly.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles begin to form. Carefully check on the other side's progress with the spatula so you'll know when to flip it. It will begin to brown when it's nearing completion. *Adjust the burner's temperature accordingly.
- Flip and wait.
- Repeat process to finish batter. Add toppings if desired. Enjoy! :)