Extra Gooey Rice Krispies Treats Recipe And Tutorial
Extra Gooey Rice Krispies Treats
This recipe is one I made up after eating many, I repeat many, dry and hard rice kripies treats. I wanted something gooey, rich, buttery and delicious. Those four words are perfect for describing this recipe. As much as my family and I enjoy these extra gooey rice krispies treats, I rarely make them. It's not that we don't enjoy them, because believe me we do, but because they are so good, we might, maybe, okay we will probably eat too much.
I also personally enjoy this recipe because of how easy it is. It takes less than ten minutes from start to finish and only requires three ingredients. It's also a budget-friendly recipe that's great for those with little time and busy schedules. Be forewarned, if you make these for a crowd, make plenty, or someone might be very disappointed! Serve these extra gooey rice krispies treats at a birthday party, dinner, baby or bridal shower, luncheon, bake sale, and more. Enjoy this delicious recipe with step-by-step pictures.
- 4 oz ( 1/2 cup) Butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag of marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups of rice krispies cereal
- butter or spray for rubber spatula
- Put your butter into a microwavable bowl and heat on high for one minute and thirty seconds in the microwave. If your butter isn't completely melted, heat again for another 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add your bag of marshmallows to your melted butter and heat in the microwave for one minute.
- Grease a rubber spatula with butter or non-stick spray to prevent the rice krispies from sticking.
- When your marshmallows are done in the microwave, mix your mixture well with a whisk .
- Add your rice krispies and quickly stir until incorporated. Spread evenly into your 8x8 baking dish and let your mixture set for one or two hours.
- Cut and enjoy!
You will need 4oz (1/2 cup) of Butter. This Organic Valley pasture butter is my favorite.
Put the butter in a microwavable bowl and heat on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Your butter should be melted. If not, reheat for 30 seconds or until melted.
Add your bag of marshmallows to your melted butter and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
Thoroughly grease a rubber spatula with non-stick spray or butter so the rice krispies won't stick.
Your marshmallows should be slightly melted after one minute in the microwave.
Begin mixing your butter and marshmallows with a whisk.
Keep mixing until the butter and marshmallows have formed a smooth batter.
Pour your rice krispies into the bowl.
Quickly stir your ingredients until combined.
Add your mixture into your 8x8 baking dish. If inclined, take a spoon and enjoy a quick bite... yum..
Spread your mixture evenly into your pan and let it chill for two hours in the refrigerator.
When your mixture is set, enjoy a piece (or two) of this simple and delicious dessert!
Please share with family and friends if you like this recipe.
© 2013 Mrs Clark