Simple Easy Delicious Shrimp Fettuccine
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 35 min
Yields: Serves four to six people
- 450 grams fettuccine pasta
- 2 lbs tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 9 mini bell peppers (3 red, 3 yellow, 3 orange), chopped
- 12 whole pearl onions (6 gold and 6 red), peeled
- 1 hot chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 chayote, diced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- parsley for garnishing
- Peel and devein shrimp, rinse in water with one squeezed lemon juice, pat dry with papaer towel then set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium high heat, add chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute (toss garlic to prevent it from burning).
- Add chayote, cook for 3 minute, then add the pearl onions, green onions, chilli pepper and thyme, toss for 5 mins.
- Add the shrimp and toss for one minute, add black pepper and seafood seasoning and bell peppers, toss for 3 minutes.
- Add the fettuccine pasta, toss until all ingredients are properly mixed.
- Remove from heat, plate, garnish with parsley and serve. ENJOY!!