- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Simple Minestrone Soup Recipe
Minestrone is an Italian soup that includes vegetables, pasta, and can include meat. This particular recipe excludes meat, but you can add whatever type of meat you wish. This soup makes a great meal on a cold winter day.
2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
1 chopped onion
1 diced carrot
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 chopped celery stalk
1 diced zucchini
2 cans of diced tomatoes
6 cups of vegetable broth
1 can of cannelli beans, drained
1 cup of elbow macaroni (or your favorite pasta)
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of basil
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion, carrot and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add all the remaining vegetables.
- Stir in the vegetable broth.
- Add the basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes on low heat.
More Soup Recipes
- A Delicious Ham and Bean Soup Recipe
This ham and bean soup recipe is a great starter for any meal, or it can be a meal itself.
- Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
This recipe is very easy to make and it tastes delicious.
- Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
This is a hearty soup that is great on a cold day. It is creamy with a great broccoli flavor.