Easy Pork Recipe with Scalloped Potatoes
Easy One Dish Meal
Making an easy one dish meal that the family enjoys certainly makes life easier on the cook. Cooking a one dish meal has the advantage of dirtying less pans, and recipes can be adjusted to feed a large group of people. Great, inexpensive meals can be prepared quite easily. Another upside is the simple clean-up.
I have used various recipes for scalloped potatoes through the years, but finally created some of my own simple recipes. I baked pork chops on top of this scalloped potato recipe after trimming away the excess fat.
Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes Ready to Serve
- 4 or 5 Boneless Pork Chops, Thin Sliced
- 4 to 5 Baking Potatoes
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup, or Cream of Mushroom
- 2/3 cup 1% Milk
- 1 Small Onion, Sliced thinly
- To taste Sea Salt & Pepper
- Light Dash Nature's Seasoning
- Preheat oven at 350°. Peel and thinly slice baking potatoes. Thinly slice one small onion, or use half of a larger one. Layer potatoes and onions in 13" x 9" baking pan. Mix Cream of Celery Soup and milk in separate bowl. Add seasonings to taste. Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Trim excess fat off pork chops. Lay pork chops over potatoes and season as desired. Bake uncovered in oven.
One Dish Meal
|Serving size: 1 pork chop- 3/4 cup potatoes|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 17 g||34%|
|Cholesterol 52 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
How to cook Easter Ham with Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes recipe
There are many excellent ways to eat baked pork chops, plus there are numerous scalloped potato recipes available. Cheesy scalloped potatoes is also a family favorite.
What I like about the recipe I used today was how quickly I prepared the recipe and had it in the oven.
The biggest job is preparing the potatoes. There was no sauce to cook which sped up the preparation time and my family was happy with the results.
The copyright, renewed in 2018, for this article is owned by Pamela Oglesby. Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.