- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Pork Recipe with Scalloped Potatoes
Easy One Dish Meal
Making an easy one dish meal that the family enjoys certainly makes life easier on the cook. Cooking a one dish meal has the advantage of dirtying less pans, and recipes can be adjusted to feed a large group of people. Great, inexpensive meals can be prepared quite easily. Another upside is the simple clean-up.
I have used various recipes for scalloped potatoes through the years, but finally created some of my own simple recipes. I baked pork chops on top of this scalloped potato recipe after trimming away the excess fat.
Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes Ready to Serve
Gathered Recipe Ingredients
- 4 or 5 Boneless Pork Chops, Thin Sliced
- 4 to 5 Baking Potatoes
- 1 can Cream of Celery Soup, or Cream of Mushroom
- 2/3 cup 1% Milk
- 1 Small Onion, Sliced thinly
- To taste Sea Salt & Pepper
- Light Dash Nature's Seasoning
Ready for the Oven
- Preheat oven at 350°. Peel and thinly slice baking potatoes. Thinly slice one small onion, or use half of a larger one. Layer potatoes and onions in 13" x 9" baking pan. Mix Cream of Celery Soup and milk in separate bowl. Add seasonings to taste. Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Trim excess fat off pork chops. Lay pork chops over potatoes and season as desired. Bake uncovered in oven.
One Dish Meal
|Serving size: 1 pork chop- 3/4 cup potatoes|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 17 g||34%|
|Cholesterol 52 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Sliced Tomatoes and Cucumbers
How to cook Easter Ham with Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes recipe
One Dish Meal Cook Books
With Weight Watchers® One Pot Cookbook, you'll find 300 super-tasty and healthy one-dish recipes that the whole family will love. These no-fuss recipes are more than just easy—they are healthy and nutritious, as they come from the culinary experts at Weight Watchers.
There are many excellent ways to eat baked pork chops, plus there are numerous scalloped potato recipes available. Cheesy scalloped potatoes is also a family favorite. What I like about the recipe I used today was how quickly I prepared the recipe and had it in the oven. The biggest job is preparing the potatoes. There was no sauce to cook which sped up the preparation time and my family was happy with the results.
© Copyright May 2012, by Pamela Oglesby .Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.