Simple Salsa Recipes: Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Salsa is one of the easiest recipes to make at home. It is also the most versatile. You can change up any salsa recipe to make it your own.
This black bean and corn salsa is super simple and takes hardly no time at all. It's great for Super Bowl parties, birthday parties, or just a light snack for the family.
Easy Black Bean and Corn Salsa Review
Here are some ingredient substitutions:
- Canned Corn (drained & rinsed)
- Vidalia Onion instead of Red Onion (Note: use slightly less sugar)
- Mini Sweet Peppers instead of bell (Note: use slightly less sugar)
- Shallots instead of Red/Yellow Onion
- Red Wine Vinegar instead of Rice Vinegar (Note: use slightly less sugar)
- Cilantro instead of Parsley
- 1 Can Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 16oz bag Sweet Corn, Frozen
- 1 Small Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Bell Peppers (Red, Orange, Yellow), Chopped
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, Diced (Optional)
- 2 Jalapenos, Diced (Optional)
- 2 TBsp Parsley, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- If you find the liquid is to sweet, you can cut it with a little more salt
- If you find the liquid is to salty, you can cut it with a little more sugar
- If using frozen corn, allow corn to unthaw while preparing the vegetables. Dice the tomatoes, onions, and peppers.
- In large mixing bowl add beans, corn, onion, tomatoes, and peppers.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the rice vinegar and the sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour liquid over vegetables in large mixing bowl. Mix gently to make sure liquid is evenly spread.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Ready to serve
This simple salsa recipe can be served with a variety of foods, such as:
- Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips
- Garlic Chips
- Melba Toast Crackers
Approximate Nutritional Value
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 47 g||16%|
|Sugar 9 g|
|Fiber 7 g||28%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Other Great Appetizer Recipes
- Quick and easy Appetizers - Simple Mini Stuffed Pepp...
Mini Stuffed Peppers Recipe. Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Recipe. Stuffed mini sweet peppers recipe. How do you make stuffed peppers? Simple mini stuffed sweet pepper recipe. No baking or cooking required.
- Easy Homemade Organic Mango Salsa
Another favorite dip of mine is fresh salsa. There are so many ways you can make your own salsa and with so many different ingredients. One of my absolute favorites is mango salsa. And of course by making your own at home, you can control what goes..