Simple Shrimp or Prawn Recipe for Starters
Shrimp Adobo Recipe
- 3 cups shrimp (prawn) without whiskers
- 1 clove garlic (sliced and minced)
- 3 stalk of onion leaves
- 1 medium size onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz softdrinks (royal tru-orange) or 1 tbsp. sugar (brown)
- 1 tsp. Monosodium glutamate (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Saute garlic and onion with olive oil in medium heat, wait till it's golden brown. Then add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes then add the soy sauce and vinegar. Bring to boil, then add sugar or softdrinks. Then add salt, pepper, and monosodium glutamate (optional) and simmer until sauce is thicker.
Garnish with onion leaves and serve it with steamed rice or fried rice.