Simple Summer Corn
Roasted Summer Corn and Tomatoes
Summer is here. The gardens are abundant and ready to bring to the table. My two favorite foods, the summer corn and the beefsteak tomato can be found in many garden stands as I drive from one community to another. Roasting corn and tomatoes allows the rich flavors to come to the surface and satisfy the palet.
Light, refreshing and simply wonderful.
- 5 Ears Corn
- 3 Beef Steak Tomatoes, Chopped
- 3 tsp Fresh Basil, Chopped or Chiffinode
- dash Salt
- dash Pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Shuck and clean corn. Leaving corn on the cob, slighly oil corn with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place whole in roasting dish.
- Place the chopped tomatoes in a seperate roasting dish, add 1/2 basil, salt and pepper, and drizzle some olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Place both dishes in the oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Stir occassionally if needed.
- After both the corn and tomatoes are finished roasting, pull the corn out and cut it off of the cob.
- Mix corn and tomatoes together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the fresh basil. Taste for seasoning.
Shop at Amazon!
- Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry, tools & hardware, housewares, furniture, sporting goods, beauty & person