- Food and Cooking
Simple Vegetable Recipes
This is another but very different recipe for a potato ball or patty; this one is cooked in the oven and has a pastry case. They are good eaten with a garlicky dal.
- 8 oz (225 g) mashed potato
- 1-in (2.5-cm) piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbs fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 8 oz (225 g) wholemeal flour
- 3-4 fl oz (75-110 ml) water
- Mix the ginger and coriander with the cumin, salt and chilli and stir into the mashed potatoes. Make a dough with the flour and water and divide the mash and dough into an equal number of piles.
- Roll the dough into approximately 3-in (7.5-cm) circles and place a pile of mash in the centre. Fold the dough around the mixture, pinch together in whatever way is easiest and bake for 15 -20 minutes in a moderate (350F/180C/gas mark 4) oven.