- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Simple and Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
The second best dessert choice that I would choose after chocolate would be cheesecake. Not just any cheesecake, but strawberry cheesecake. I found that when I ate plain cheesecake that I didn't like it because it lacked flavor. After this happened, I decided to try different types of cheesecake until I came across strawberry cheesecake. The thing I like about strawberry cheesecake is the fact that the strawberry flavor really does compliment the graham cracker and the cream cheese. I haven't thought of a bettery combination than the strawberry flavor with the cheesecake. I hope everyone that reads this enjoys the recipe and really does take the time to bite into a delicious piece of strawberry cheesecake.
- 1 1/4 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 ounces frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 14 oz. (1 can) condensed milk, sweetened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter into a bowl. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch pan. Refigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven for 300 degrees.
- Place strawberries and cornstarch into a blender. Cover and puree until smooth. Pour strawberry sauce into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Boil and stir until sauce is thick and shiny for about 2 minutes. Put the 1/3 cup strawberry sauce aside; let cool. Cover and refigerate remaining sauce for serving.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Slowly, beat in the condensed milk. Also, add the lemon juices, vanilla extract, and eggs until combined. Pour half of the creaam cheese mixture over the crust; put half of the reserved strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on cream cheese layer. Carefully spoon the remainder of the cream cheese mixture over the sauce; drop remaing strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoons on top. Cut through top layer with a knife to swirl strawberry sauce.
- Bake in oven until the center is set for about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen. Let cool for another hour. Let strawberry cheesecake refigerate overnight. If the sauce is too thick, add the water, which is optional.
|Calories from Fat||270|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 30 g||46%|
|Carbohydrates 42 g||14%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 139 mg||46%|
|Sodium 315 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|