- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Simple and Delicious Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
Baking utensils needed:
- Cutting board and knife
- 1 Spatula
- 1 mixing bowl, for the instant vanilla pudding
- 1 large clear bowl (make sure it is both deep and wide)
- 2 pints of fresh strawberries
- 2 containers of cool whip, 8oz
- 1 package of Betty Crocker super moist vanilla cake mix
- Kahlua (optional)
- 2 packs of Jell-O instant pudding (vanilla flavour)
- First you want to bake the Betty Crocker super moist vanilla cake mix according to the directions on the box.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour a generous amount of Kahlua to flavour it (this is optional)
- Cut the cake into small squares ( 2cm x 2cm or bite size pieces)
- Make the instant vanilla pudding according to the directions on the box
- Wash and cut the stems off of the strawberries and cut then cut each one in half (make sure to leave a handful of strawberries untouched for the top layer of the trifle.
Layer the trifle:
- Layer the cake on the bottom of the bowl
- Layer the instant pudding over the cake
- Layer the strawberries, flat side down
- Layer the cool whip
Repeat until you are finished ingredients.
Once you reach the top layer, arrange the whole strawberries that you saved on top of the cool whip. Garnish with fresh mint for aesthetics.