Quick and easy Appetizers - Simple Mini Stuffed Pepper Recipe
Best mini stuffed pepper recipe
Easy recipes for parents on the go
Need a quick and easy appetizer for that potluck at work? Want a simple holiday recipe to surprise your guests? Try this super easy mini stuffed peppers recipe.
I know there are thousands of recipes for mini stuffed peppers and each one is only slightly different. The great thing about this mini stuffed pepper recipe, is the recipe is quick, easy, affordable, and doesn't require any cooking, just refrigeration.
Rank this mini stuffed pepper recipe
Prep time is 30 minutes and regrigerate time is 30 minutes for total time of 60 minutes (1 hour).
- 12-16 Mini Stuffed Peppers, Seeded and tops cut off
- 2 8oz packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Soft - bring to room temperature
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, Seeded and diced petite cut
- 2 tbsp Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, Coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chive, Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion, Coarsely chopped
There are many ways to make this recipe and you can tailor it to your tastebuds. Here are a few substitutions and additional ingredients I have tried with this recipe.
- Substitute Philadelphia cream cheese with goat cheese or greek yogurt
- Substitute roma tomatoes with chopped roasted bell peppers or pimento
- Add ground paprika
- Add chopped cilantro
- Add finely chopped jalapeno peppers for heat
- Add bacon bits on top for a little crunch
Cooking Utensils Needed
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife - one for paring and one for chopping
- Large mixing bowl
- Saran wrap or plastic wrap
- Large spatula or electric mixer
- Serving tray
Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- If you have not already, get the two packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature
- While the cream cheese is softening, begin preparing the mini peppers. Rinse thoroughly and remove the tops. Scrape out any membrane and seeds from inside the peppers. Set aside to dry on a paper towel.
- Peel and chop the garlic until it is minced. Dice the Roma tomatoes, removing any excess water and seed. Chop the green onions, chives, and parsley.
- In a large mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese, diced Roma tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped green onion, chives, and parsley. Mix together roughly, best if use a spatula to mix by hand. If using an electric mixer, use the setting on low and mix together at intervals. You do not want a creamy texture to the mixture because it will smash the tomatoes and the mixture will become watery.
- Here is where you can vary the recipe. I like to refrigerate just the cream cheese mixture in the large mixing bowl and allow the mini peppers to stay at room temperature. You may choose to stuff the mini peppers with the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate together or you can refrigerate the cream cheese mixture separately and then stuff once it has been chilled. Either way you choose, refrigerate the mixture or the stuffed peppers for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Values are approximate
|Serving size: 2 to 3 mini peppers|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 1 g|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 32 mg||11%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Cooking and Food Prep Hubs
- Simple Salsa Recipes: Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
Simple Salsa Recipe. Easy Salsa Recipe. Easy Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe. Basic Salsa Recipe with a kick. How to make black bean corn salsa.
- 3 Ingredient Recipes for Dinner
Looking for a quick and easy recipe for dinner. Try this 3 ingredient recipe for dinner. Step by step instructions on how to make Italian Sausage and Green Beans over Rice.