- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Pasta in Tomato and Onion Sauce Recipe
Quick and easy pasta recipe
Are you looking for a quick meal? A meal that is easy to make too?
Then I think you will really find this dish fantastic.
This pasta in tomato and onion sauce, apart from delicious, is also easy to make and is ready in no time.
Try it you've got nothing to lose!
© 2013, All Rights Reserved – Chris Achilleos
Please rate my recipe
- FOR THE PASTA :
- 250 g Spaghetti
- 1L Water
- ½ table spoon Butter or Olive oil
- ***** *****
- FOR THE SAUCE :
- 200 g Tomato passata/puree
- 1 table spoon Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 tea spoon Pure Lemon Juice
- 1 tea spoon Basil, dry basil leaves
- 1 tea spoon Salt
- ½ tea spoon Ground White Pepper
- 50 g Cheese, Grated
Instructions for the sauce
- In a medium size sauce pan slightly fry your chopped onion
- Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon until the color of the onion becomes lightly golden
- Add the tomato sauce followed by the lemon juice, spices and herbs.
- Stir thoroughly, using a wooden spoon, until boiling hot.
- Now add your pasta to the hot sauce and mix them very well
- The pasta is now ready to serve
* If you like a bit of a spicy hit just add ½ a teaspoon of red chili powder, or 1 teaspoon depending on your liking's *
Instructions for the pasta
- Boil 1L of water (gas mark 5-6).
- Once the water is boiling add in your pasta and ½ spoon salt
- Stir your pasta while cooking to avoid getting it stuck together
- Pasta's ready when it’s soft
- Drain the water
- Add ½ spoon butter or olive oil to the pasta and mix
- Place your desired amount of pasta in a plate
- Add grated cheese
- Sprinkle a pinch of ground white pepper or red chili powder
Other recipes by Chris Achilleos
- Chili Mashed Potatoes
How to make Chili Mashed potatoes using Cayenne Pepper and Chipotle Tabasco Sauce.
- Chili Chorizo snack!
How to make a quick and easy Chili Chorizo snack.
- Avgolemono - A traditional Greek soup!
How to make Avgolemono, or in other words Avgolemoni, a Greek traditional soup!
- How to make Spinach and Feta Pie
This is an easy Spinach and Feta Pie recipe. Spinach and Feta Pie is a traditional dish in Greece and Cyprus. It's Greek name is 'Spanakopita'!
- Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes recipe with garlic and oregano. How to make it from scratch!
This is my own personal recipe. Therefore, it has not been copied from a cook book or any other source.
I hope you enjoy it!
© 2013 All Rights Reserved – Chris Achilleos