- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Simple recipe for the perfect pizza
Pizza for dummies
Yesterday I made the most amazing pizza ever! And I love to share this simple recipe with you. I have found what I believe to be the perfect recipe for making a dough which will have the perfect softness while retaining all the wonderful flavours of the ingredients in the pizza.
I really struggled to find the perfect amount of ingredients but after many trials and errors these are my findings. It sounds like a major scientific discovery and for some reasons I think it is. My pizza for a start, didn't give me any indigestion problems as often pizza does, like this urgency to drink all the water on earth while the stomach is trying to send back the lovely pizza I have just eaten.
Ingredients for 4 people
500gr of Flour
7gr of dried yeast
a pinch of salt
1 table spoon of sugar
4 table spoons of olive oil.
300ml of water.
I don't have a clue how to convert this is oz or pounds or any other measures , you have to work out yourself.
1.The first thing I did was to melt the yeast in half glass of water and add the sugar and the salt. Steering till it is completely melt in the water. This water is completely separated from the 300 ml of water that you will need to do the dough.
Warm up the 300 ml of water till is warm but not too much warm let's say lukewarm..
2. pouring the yeast at the centre of the flour and then add the oil.
3. Steer the ingredients and add gradually the water.
4. First of all you will notice that the dough will be very sticky. Keep on working on the pasta till it will be elastic and it would be beautifully non stick ( you will notice that the pasta will gradually getting off your fingers.
5. Leave it to rise for about half an hour maybe less. In my case I used self-rising flour and I immediately noticed that after no more than 20 minutes it doubled its size. Other kind or flours maybe need up to two hours to rise.
Roll out your dough in your oven dish. I first added my tomato sauce and I decorated with tomatoes and olives origano and capers.
Bake it in the oven 220 for 15 minutes. After remove it, place mozzarella cheese in pieces and mushrooms. Put it back for another 5-8 minutes.
Keep an eye on the oven as every oven is different so you might need more time or less.
The pizza is simply delicious and so easy to digest.
Choose the topping you prefer. This is hub is purely about how to do the dough and less about the topping.
Thank you for reading this and please feel free to write a comment or a feedback.
The flour I used is the white organic self rising. As you can see the dough would rise quite a lot but this depend really which flour you are going to use.