Simply Delicious Pancakes
I like to make these simply delicious pancakes on the weekend for a late mid-morning brunch. In only minutes, I can whip up a batch for the family, and they are always a real hit. Any leftover batter goes in the fridge and is very handy for breakfast the next day. I love breakfast. On weekend mornings, I wake up, and say "hmmmm... what shall I make this morning? Pancakes, French toast, waffles?" Well, what’ll it be? Pancakes it is today!! Mmm, breakfast!! Let’s eat!
Just the Right Tools for Making Pancakes!
1 ¼ cups wheat flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
Maple syrup, honey, preserves, marmalade and/or apple butter, as desired.
ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING:
- In larger bowl, mix first 4 ingredients; add 3 tablespoons salad oil, milk and egg.
- Stir just until flour is moistened.
- Preheat electric griddle or skillet as manufacturer directs. Pour batter by scant ¼ cupfuls onto hot griddle (or pan), making a few pancakes at a time.
- Cook until bubbly and bubbles burst; edges will look dry. With pancake turner, turn and cook until underside is golden.
Repeat until all batter is used, brushing griddle with more salad oil, if necessary. Serve pancakes with butter or other toppings as desired.
Makes about twelve 4-inch simply delicious pancakes.
© emilybee, 2011-2012. All Rights Reserved.
A Video on How to Make Pancakes
- How To Make Filled Pancakes: Danish Ebelskiver Recipe
Oh my - where have these little filled pancakes been all my life? Ebelskiver is a Danish filled pancake and I suppose it is best that I never heard of them before I recently received a Williams and Sonoma...
- Another Crazy Breakfast Recipe: Puffy Pancake Pockets
I love making pancake sandwiches, every day of the week you could have a truly unique breakfast experience using a few easy to prepare and tasty ingredients. I prefer using Krusteaz Buttermilk pancake mix,...