- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Simply Pesto BBQ Chicken Pasta
250g penne or fusilli
1 small BBQ chicken
1 cup walnuts
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
80g pitted and sliced olives
1/2 cup or little over half a cup of bottled pesto
1/2 cup asparagus, sliced
1/2 chopped fresh basil
Parmesan for garnish
1. Start off by boiling the water for the pasta and cook it, drain and set aside.
2. In the meantime, discard of the skin of the chicken if you like, and remove the meat of the chicken and cut into bit size pieces and place in a large bowl.
3. Toss the walnuts for 3 minutes under a hot grill and allow to cool and then chop them up into small pieces.
4. Cook the asparagus at this time to get it a soft. Add the nuts, cherry tomatoes and olives to the chicken.
5. Add the pasta to the chicken mixture, along with the pesto and fresh basil. Toss so all the ingredients are mixed together well. Serve with Parmesan shavings on top.
This can be served warm or at room temperature.
Try some of these other recipe ideas
- Fettucine with Mushrooms and Tomato Sauce
- Creamy Penne with Chicken and Mushrooms
- Healthy and Easy Greek Salad Dressing
- Ratatouille and Pasta Soup
- Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs
- Banana Bread-Delicious Recipe
- Easy Spaghetti with Clam Sauce
- Persian Salad
- Philippine-Style Chicken Vermicelli
- Simple and Healthy Chicken Stir_Fry Recipe
- Best Tzatziki Sauce Recipe Step by Step Guide
- Ulltimate Cheesecake Recipe STEP BY STEP