- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Simple and Healthy Chicken Stir_Fry Recipe
9 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups of mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 large red onion, sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp of ginger, mined
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp crushed pepper
1 tbsp sesame seeds
3/4 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp hot sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1. Cut the chicken breast into long thin strips. In a wok add two tablespoons of vegetable oil and on high heat stir fry the chicken in two batches, about 4 minutes per batch. Set the chicken aside.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
3. Take about another tablespoon of oil add to the wok and add in the garlic and ginger and stir fry for about another minute or so.
4. Add in the carrots, green pepper, red onion, and mushrooms. Stir fry the vegetables for about another minute. Add 50ml of water and cover and steam vegetables for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the chicken back into the vegetables and pour sauce into the wok and cook for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Serve with noodles or steamed rice and top off with sesame seeds and green onions.