A Perfect Indoor Grilled Steak
- 2 Tbls. Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 each Rib-eye Steaks, Approximately 1 inch thick.
- 1 Tbs. Sea Salt, Salt both sides
- 1 Tbs. Fresh ground black pepper, Pepper both sides.
- Blot steaks dry with paper towel and salt and pepper the steaks. Let steaks sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Add 2 tbs.olive oil to the pan, high heat until oil starts to steam.
- Sear steak in a sizzling hot skillet for 2-3 minutes,uninterrupted.You should not press down on the steak(loses juices) or keep checking for color(will not 'sear').
- Using tongs, turn steak over and sear 1-2 minutes on that side.
- Add the 2 tbs. butter to the pan.
- Put in oven for : Rare= 4 minutes Medium Rare = 6 minutes Medium = 8 minutes
- Loosely tent with foil and let steaks rest for 7 minutes.
There is a simple cooking steak indoors method that works every time. You'll be cooking the steak in two stages, pan searing and oven roasting. That combination produces the most favorable and evenly cooked steak that I have ever had that hasn't been charcoal grilled. The best steak to buy is the Rib-eye. Other steaks you can also consider are a top sirloin or strip.
Using a reliable instant read thermometer, check the internal temperature for the temperature of the steak. Please do not cut it slightly open to check the inside. I like mine medium rare, so my steak needs to stay in approximately 6 minutes
Rare = 120 F. This should take 4 minutes in the oven.
Medium Rare = 130 F. This should 6 minutes in the oven.
Medium = 140 F. This should take 8 minutes in the oven.
Take steak out of oven, loosely tent with foil. Let your steak rest for 7 minutes.
So that’s it. You have easy to follow methods and a fabulous tasting "indoor grilled steak" will be it's own reward. It’s not often that we get steaks on our budget, so when we do have them, this indoor recipe cannot be beat.
Marvelous indoor grilled steak, every time!
Indoor Grilled Steak
- Food.com - Thousands Of Free Recipes From Home Chefs With Recipe Ratings, Reviews And Tips
Food.com has a massive collection of recipes that are submitted, rated and reviewed by people who are passionate about food. From international cuisines to quick and easy meal ideas, Food.com is where you can find what you're craving.