Slimming World Friendly - Sticky Gammon Recipe
Rate this recipe!
Slimming World Recipes
If your on Slimming World (or a similar diet) then no doubt you are always on the lookout for a new and different recipe that will help keep you full, but also be nice and tasty, otherwise you will end up living on Bacon and Eggs, Muller Light Yogurt, Cheese Strings and Slimming World Fries (come on you know I'm right!!) Well I am one of those people always on the hunt for something tasty that all the family will enjoy, but that will still be slimming world friendly and low in syns (this is only 1 syn on EE and Original, 13 syns on Green)
The original version of this was found in the Slimming World Cook Book 'Extra Easy Meals in Minutes', but I have altered it slightly to suit my families tastes, as I can't eat anything too spicy. It has quite a strong orange citrus taste so I would advise lowering the amount of orange used if you don't like a strong citrus taste to your food but we really enjoyed it.
I served this tasty gammon with a baked potato, some spring veggies and stir fried leeks and courgettes (zucchini if you're in the states) but you could just as easily serve it with fries, peas/beans and a fried egg!
I think the combo of sweet and slightly spicy, sticky glaze on this gammon means it will be a big hit with every member of the family. The kids will love the stickiness, just like my fussy eater hubby!
Look at that sticky glaze!
More Slimming World Recipes
- 4 Gammon Steaks, Visible fat removed
- Chinese 5 spice powder
- Low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 1 Orange, Zest Grated and juiced
- 1tbsp Clear Honey
- 100ml Chicken/Veg Stock
- 2tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
How to make Sticky Gammon
- Now the original recipe had you chop the steaks into chunks, but we decided to just cook them whole, but this is totally up to you. I did have to use 2 pans to cook them, whereas chopped they would have fitted into one, so it may have been easier!
- Sprinkly the 5-spice over the gammon (and if using steaks whole rub into both sides to nicely coat them). Coat your pan with Fry Light and bring to a high heat, then fry your gammon for 2-3 minutes until they are just starting to cook.
- While it is cooking, mix together all your glaze ingredients. Then pour over your gammons and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Use a spoon to ladle the mixture over the meat half way through so it gets coated well. It should thicken to a sticky glaze quite quickly so be careful it doesn't catch or burn on the pan.
- Serve with your choice of sides and Enjoy!
More Great Recipes
- Slimming World Chocolate Brownie Recipe
On Slimming World Diet and looking for something to curb that sweet tooth craving? Try these half syn chocolate brownies, the frosting tastes like chocolate cheesecake!
- Chinese Turkey Noodles Recipe
This is a great basic Chinese recipe, perfect for a family on a budget. Simple and cheap to cook, but bursting with flavour and really filling. Plus it's pretty healthy - what more can you ask for!
- Peanut Butter Chicken Recipe
A family friendly, slow cooker recipe for a totally tasty and super filling chicken dish, made with peanut butter! Cheap and flavourful! You'll be longing to make it again!
- Nigella Lawson's Beetroot & Chocolate Cake Recipe
Fancy trying your hand at baking a beetroot cake? This Nigella Lawson recipe for a Beetroot and Dark Chocolate cake is so good, and really simple to make.
- Lamb and Leek Curry Recipe for the Slow Cooker
Great recipe for a tasty, filling mild curry. Can be made in the slow cooker or on the hob. It is super simple to make and great for the whole family.
- Chicken Breast Slowly Braised in Smoky Bacon Sauce R...
Looking for a filling meal for all the family, cooked with fresh whole ingredients? This recipe for chicken in a smokey bacon sauce, is made in the slow cooker and is bursting with flavour.
What do you think?
Would you try this recipe?
© 2014 Chantele and Julie