- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Slow Cooker Chicken Queso Bowls
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 6 hours 30 min
Ready in: 6 hours 35 min
Yields: Serves 4
- 2 Whole Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 -14 oz Can Corn, Drained
- 1 - 14 oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 - 4 oz. Can Diced Green Chiles, Drained
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Pkg. Ranch Dressing Mix
- 8 oz. Velveeta, Cubed
- Shredded cheese, avocado, fresh tomatoes and tortilla chips. (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn, tomatoes, chiles, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and ranch dressing mix.
- Pour over chicken and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks then add Velveeta to slow cooker. Cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Stir until Velveeta is thoroughly incorporated. Spoon into bowls and top with avocado, tomatoes and crushed tortilla chips.
Make Ahead Tips
- Assemble all of the ingredients, except for Velveeta, in a zipper bag and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to cook.
- If frozen, run warm water over the exterior of the bag until the food comes away from the sides. Place in slow cooker and cook from frozen adding an additional 2 hours to cooking time.
|Serving size: 1 Bowl |
|Calories ||368 |
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Carbohydrates 27 g||9%|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 36 g||72%|
|Cholesterol 176 mg||59%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Quick and easy tip to shred chicken